Monday 20 February 2012

Boxing For Fitness | | Lose Weight With Our Health And Gym Tips

Boxing For Fitness

Boxing For Fitness
Boxing For Fitness the image that comes to people’s minds is of two athletes in a boxing ring, adrenaline pumped and seeking to destroy each other using their fists as weapons. Boxing for fitness is something entirely different where entire classes of people can get a great workout from a non-contact version of the sport. Boxing is fast becoming a popular way to exercise and stay fit, and it isn’t difficult to understand why when you consider all the benefits the sport offers. Boxing increases strength, coordination, endurance, speed, and agility. You will learn the proper way to control your feet and the basic boxing stance. You will learn basic punches such as the jab, the hook, the upper cut, and how to combine them all effectively as you develop your boxing skills. Boxing For Fitness is not just for self-defence, but you will learn to throw a punch. And it will increase your self-confidence knowing that if anything goes awry you should be able to take care of yourself.

Boxing For Fitness
So you may wonder how I got started in Boxing For Fitness. I was already at the gym quite often, three or four times a week, but I was only involved in weight training. I did absolutely no cardio and despite being stronger and more muscular I was still soft around the midsection. The idea of running had no appeal for me at all, so getting on a treadmill was not an option. I considered going with my girlfriend to one of her group fitness classes but I was a little put off because there were never many guys in attendance. One day at lunch I was talking with my boss, and he made a suggestion that I attend a Boxing For Fitness with him. He is in his 40s and in incredible physical shape. The guy is absolutely ripped, six-pack and everything, so when he talks about getting fit I listen. He let me know that I could borrow a pair of gloves so all I needed to bring was a towel and a bottle of water.



Boxing For Fitness
I felt a bit challenged because I had never tried to Boxing For Fitness before. My soon-to-be-sparring-partner told me that boxing is a sport that anyone can do, so that week I tagged long to the gym to try it out. We did a fifteen minute warm up session, followed by thirty or so minutes of sparring, then a fifteen minute cool down. The pain I experienced after the boxing workout was entirely new to me! It was not a result of being hit in the ring; remember this is a non-contact form of Boxing For Fitness My muscles burned, like nothing I had ever experienced before. Even muscles that I didn’t imagine I would be using hurt. My shoulders, my legs, my core…everything was on fire. I thought I would never make it back to the gym, but after a couple of days of recovery I gave it another go. Knowing the moves gave me a better work out, and I was more prepared mentally this time. I continued going to the gym each week. I noticed my body trimming up and my mid section spare tire was getting much less visible. Boxing is very much a high repetition work-out so you’ll see tone rather than muscle. That combined with a nutritious diet will show you results very quickly.

Boxing For Fitness

Boxing For Fitness
One certain thing I’ve learned from the Boxing For Fitness experience is that you should never be afraid to try something new. Regardless of your skill or fitness level, boxing is a great workout because you can increase or decrease the complexity and intensity of your workout. There is no excuse not to try it. So if you are are stuck in a rut and looking for something new to try, boxing may be it. It is an excellent way to alleviate stress and vent your frustrations on the boxing pads. Boxing For Fitnesss a high intensity program of exercise. It targets numerous large muscle groups, which assures you a program for toning and building strength while you also become more in shape and better fit. The gym is a great place to hang out with a friend and get a little competitive if necessary, but try and keep it above the belt.

Boxing For Fitness

From: http://ping.fm/MiSh0

No comments:

Post a Comment